These are wild times we're living through right now. As a small business, we are on high alert relative to the changing conditions around the COVID-19 pandemic, most recently the mandate by Gov. Whitmer for all bars and restaurants in Michigan to close doors to all but take-out service effective at 3 p.m. today.
With your health and safety of utmost importance to us, we of course will be complying with these measures and have implemented the following:
1. We will accept to-go orders only for the foreseeable future. You can place an order with us by calling (517) 482-8049 anytime during our normal business hours of 10:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. (M-W) and 1030 a.m. to 6 p.m. Thursday - Friday
2. We are happy to offer curbside service for anyone who would rather not enter the restaurant. Please indicate so when placing your order and we can approximate a time to meet you outside.
3. For the time being, we will accept credit card payments only to reduce the amount of person-to-person contact cash brings.
4. Customers picking up orders inside the restaurant will be limited to 5 at a time, and we ask you to maintain a distance of 6 feet from fellow patrons while waiting.
5. We'll maintain our already stringent sanitation practices in the restaurant, ensuring we do whatever we can to curb anything that might be on our surfaces. In addition, and as evidenced by our open kitchen, we already practice meticulous food safety measures, which will continue.
We are a small business that relies on our community for our existence. Having been in business for more than 97 years, Kewpees is strong, bolstered by the best customers out there. And while we fully understand the need to sequester yourselves during these unsure times, we ask that you consider doing what you can to lend support to businesses like ours who will feel the most impact from our current situation. If placing a to-go order isn't in the cards for you right now, consider buying a gift card for future use -- we can process that over the phone for you and mail the certificate to you directly.
Having to say all this feels strange, to say the least. But if there's one thing we know about our customers and the Lansing community, it's that you are understanding, compassionate people who endlessly show your humanity through positive action, like supporting local businesses in trying times.
Because this situation is fluid, we'll update you by social media if changes to our plan and policies change. In the meantime, stay safe, take care of each other and hey, have an olive burger...it can calm all your woes!
Love you, Kewpees fam!
Autumn and the entire Kewpees team